Come explore Tofino from our affordable beachfront cabins. Great for couples, families, or even pets!
Clayoquot Sound is one of the most spectacular places on earth, with ancient cedar rainforest bordering on miles of sandy beaches, volcanic rock outcrops, and shimmering surf. The natural beauty resonates deeply with visitors and residents alike.
In such a breathtaking setting it’s easy to see the connection between the choices we make and the impact they have on the planet. We know that the types of soap and cleaning products we use will impact the health of the stream that runs through our property, and that of the ocean that rolls onto the spectacular beach we look at everyday. We know that the amount of fossil fuels we use will have a long-term climate change impact on that very same ocean. We know that the type of wood that we use in construction impacts the hillsides around us.
That’s why we’re committed to making choices that minimize the resort’s eco footprint. After all, our business depends on the health of the environment.
GREEN CHOICES at Ocean Village
Since assuming ownership of Ocean Village in 2010, we have come a long way in putting our sustainability plan in motion. Here is a sampling of what we’ve done so far:
- Sea Wench Naturals: Bathrooms and kitchens stocked with 100% organic soaps made locally on Clayoquot Island
- Rhino Coffee: Rooms stocked with locally roasted coffee
- On-demand, energy-efficient hot water heaters in every cabin
- Planet Green™ cleaning products: Non-toxic, eco-friendly cleaners in refillable bottles
- Reclaimed cedar board used for trim during renovations
- Vacuum-assist showerheads and faucet aerators that use 40% less energy and water
- Energy-efficient , double-paned Smart Glass windows in cabins and pool area
- Pool heat recovery ventilation system installed to reduce energy consumption
Our latest Green choice!
- 3 level-2 Electric Vehicle charging Stations, 2 Tesla wall connectors that deliver up to 80amps of power and 1 Universal J-1772 station that delivers 32amps of power
- We now have composting….please as guest services for details!